Guided small group tour
Your tour begins when we pick you up from your accommodation in Reykjavik. During the one hour drive to Thingvellir National Park, your guide will introduce you to the unique geological and cultural history of Silfra and the surrounding Thingvellir area.
Upon arrival at the Silfra fissure, your guide will give you a detailed briefing of the dive site and the most important aspects of dry suit diving. Your guide will then assist you in setting up the dive equipment. We use only high-quality BARE and Buddy brand SCUBA equipment and APEX regulators.
Then it’s time to take the plunge and experience diving into Silfra’s pristine, crystal clear water. The water being filtered over decades by Iceland’s volcanic basalt rock, you can easily take a sip during your dive; you won’t find purer drinking water.
During your dive you will explore the four main parts of Silfra. You will float through Big Crack, Silfra’s narrowest section, where you can have your ‘Dive Between the Continents’ photo taken. As the fissure widens you will find yourself in the majestic Silfra Hall with the possibility of local geese and ducks paddling overhead. Near to the opening to Thingvallavatn, we will enter the Silfra Cathedral; if there are divers ahead you will see the ‘chandelier effect’ of their rising bubbles. Your dive is finished in the endless visibility of Silfra Lagoon.
After this first dive, we will make our way back along a challenging but rewarding 250-meter path with our dive gear and then warm our hands and spirits with hot chocolate and cookies. Don’t hesitate to ask your guide if you need some assistance with your gear.
This tour includes two dives. Each dive will take about 30-40 minutes with a maximum depth of 18 meters. In the winter, however, if the outside temperature drops below 0°C, we conduct only one extended (40-45 minute) dive for the safety and comfort of our divers.
This tour is operated by our trusted partner. We have carefully selected our trusted partners.
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the Silfra tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the Silfra tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives PDF
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the online Diving Silfra Medical Statement (link provided in confirmation email) PDF
- have our Diving Medical form signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older PDF
- sign our liability release form at the start of the Silfra dive tour PDF
- be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- fit within our dry suit size chart PDF
- be at least 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- be physically fit
- be able to communicate in English
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- not be pregnant
Book this tour
✔ Instant confirmation
✔ Secure and fast payments